22 December 2014

Christmas in a Castle

Edinburgh Castle 2006 by me
So, Christmas and castles. They just seem to go together, don't they? They do in my mind. Probably because of the time I've spent sitting in drafty stone churches. Especially on Christmas Eve. I quite liked those experiences but it definitely helps if there is lots of enthusiastic carol singing.

It's true I'm currently no where near a stone church, drafty or otherwise, but I have been watching BBC's Secrets of the Castle. The same jolly team that brought you insight into Christmas with the Tudors, the Victorians, and WWII Brits now gets to experience 6 months at a NEW medieval castle construction project underway over the last 16 years - Guedelon Castle!


Although too late to order this year, think about putting one of their wool scarves on next year's gift list.

No comments: